Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Homesick

"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment and I told them they didn't understand life."
When I first moved into my dorm, my mother, father and boyfriend were all helping me get things put away and getting me the last minute things. As they helped me, I thought to myself that I will be able to stay here by myself...no problem. Well little did I know that it wasn't going to hit me til when they were leaving. It wasnt as hard to say good bye to my parents as I thought it was going to be. But at the same time it was harder to say good bye to my boyfriend, which I thought would have been easier to do. After they had left, I went up to my dorm and cried for a little bit before I went to bed. Earlier today I found this quote and realized that this is true. Happiness is the meaning of life and that everyone should be happy. As the days go on at school, it becomes easier to live away from home. I do miss everyone, but at the same time I am learning from my new experiences. I had no doubt in my mind that I was going to stay here and as I push myself through it, I become less and less homesick.

This is me and my boyfriend in the middle of a game of horseshoes.

This is my family in front of my grandmother's garden.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are adjusting...It's always hard to start something new and being in unfamiliar territory makes it harder, but it is just part of the path to shape us into who we grow to be!!!

    ReplyDelete