Thursday, September 16, 2010

Miss You Poppy

A year ago today, my Poppy past away. I miss him very much, but I know that one day I will see him again.

I remember one thursday evening, I went downstairs to go visit with him while everyone else was upstairs visiting with Nana. When I went down there, he was sleeping. I sat on the bed next to his and watched him sleep. In his sleep, he was making noises. The noise he was making sounded like the noise little kids make when they are pretending to play with toy guns..."pew pew".

After work during the summer, I would get dropped off at Nana's. Poppy and I would be downstairs watching Judge Judy while Nana was off doing house keeping or cooking. He and I spent many hours watching it and now when I watch it I think of him.

These memories with never be forgotten along with the many more happy memories I have of him.

Rest In Peace Poppy
7/28/1940-9/16/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment