Monday, December 6, 2010

Successes and Failures

One of my strengths was being prepared for college. In high school, we talked a lot about college, not just who was going where for what major, but about what it was going to be like. In the beginning for my senior year, I would talk to my friends as if college was so far off even tho we were waiting to hear back from the schools to see if we were accepted. But towards the end we started to talk more and more about what college was going to be like and how hard it was going to be.



But this was also my failure. I thought I was ready because of all of talking on how we needed to study and make sure that our studies came first. I have been doing that, but my social life isn't great. We never talked about making new friends. Yea, it was assumed that we would make more, but my friends and I swore that we would still talk to each other. Well that didn't work out so well. This was one of the worst blows that I have had since I got here. I miss my high school friends so much and because I am also doing something for class, I hardly ever have time for my new friends. I am trying to make that work. My friend Lyndsay and I have sat in the library and done homework together. She told me how she is thinking about living on campus next year and if she does we might room together.

So I have learned that even though we each have failures, there is always something good that comes out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment