Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Final Assessment

This semester was great. I learned about different things and about myself. The classes themselves weren’t very hard, but they needed a lot of study time. In high school, I never studied. I would understand and retain everything, but I knew that in college I would have to change my study habits. I studied in my room just about everyday and I went home on the weekends. I quickly learned that I haven’t made time for my new friends.



As the semester went on, I tried to make room for them and slowly it started to happen. This one weakness was finally starting to turn around. I went from only talking to people in class too having dinner at least once a week with a friend. Now I study with my friends and have meals with them too. I have been to a friend’s house for dinner with my boyfriend. It was a blast. We talked and watched television afterwards.

I haven’t quit studying. I have just cut it down some and it has seemed to work for me. I have still kept up my grades and have done my homework. I enjoy going to my classes and learning about different things. I don’t enjoy taking notes but that happens to be part of studying. This is because if I don’t take notes then I have nothing to study off of. This would make it nearly impossible to try to study. I would have to always ask someone for their notes right before the exam and even that wouldn’t do me any good. They might not let me see their notes and even if they did I wouldn’t have enough time to learn all of the facts.

I feel that I have grown as a person. I am still quiet and socially awkward. But I have learned to make sure that I do make friends. I don’t want to go through college without any friends, especially when I need help with homework or there is a partner assignment. I enjoy going to school down here even though I am away from my family. I still get to see them on the weekends. I don’t see them every weekend. I think next semester, I am going to try to see more of them on the weekends and try to get a good mix between my friends and my books.

No comments:

Post a Comment