Thursday, September 8, 2011

College...Sophomore Year

So far school has been going good. I am enjoying seeing all my friends again. My classes on the other hand are crazy. Each class has me reading entire chapters for the next class. This wouldn't be so bad if it was one or two but all of them is getting to be a little much. I find myself reading before and after class and still falling behind on the readings for one of my classes. I hope this weekend I can catch up and hopefully read more then I need to and try to stay ahead of the readings.

The professors are really interesting until they get angry. My psychology teacher blew up at one student yesterday. He was talking while she was talking and she told him that she made it perfectly clear last week that she isn't going to say it again. About twenty minutes later, the same student was talking and she told him that if he was going to talk again then she was going to throw him out of class for the rest of the day. I understand that she is the teacher and those are her rules, but when she was talking to this kid for the second time, she was yelling across the room. I sit in the front row (so its easier for me to pay attention), so her loud voice partically made my ears ring and the same thing happens when she gets overly excited about a certain topic within the class. I hope that things with quiet down as the year goes on.

Work on the other hand is getting crazy. The other day, I was trying to scan a license in, so someone could go upstairs. The scanner scanned in all of the information but not the picture. I made sure that the person was the same person as the license and clicked the sign in button. I then preceded to go click on the report error button so someone could come fix the scanner. Just as I was about to click the button the whole program closed. I tried to reopen it but I couldn't find it on the computer, the only thing I could open was an internet site. I called my supervisor because I had no idea what to do and she said that she was going to call someone to help me. A few minutes later, the help desk called and said that they were going to take remote access of the computer. He couldn't fix it that way and told me that he would  be over it twenty minutes. During this time, I thought that I should just shut it down, but this computer isn't mine and I have no idea how to get back on it after it rebooted. Eventually Brett from the help desk showed up and turned the computer off and rebooted it. It has worked fine every since. Hopefully, this will never ever happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment