Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Facts

I missed yesterday. I was really busy with school work and such. When I was finally finished, I decided that I wanted to relax instead of writing on here. So, here we are with todays fun facts.

The Bible, the world’s best-selling book, is also the world’s most shoplifted book.

In 1705, copper was discovered in Simsbury. Later, the copper mine became the infamous New-Gate Prison of the Revolutionary War. Doctor Samuel Higley of Simsbury started the first copper coinage in America in 1737.

In Hartford, you may not, under any circumstances, cross the street walking on your hands!

The Submarine Force Museum in Groton is home of the historic ship Nautilus (SSN 571). It is the official submarine museum of the United States Navy.

George Walker Bush was born in New Haven on July 6, 1946.

No comments:

Post a Comment