Monday, January 23, 2012

I am trying

This semester has just started up again and we are on our fourth day of classes. I am really going to try to write on here every day, I know I have made that promise before, but I really really mean it this time. This is my online journal, that I share with each and everyone of you.

I had my first assignment in creative writing. It was really difficult. You might be thinking how on earth could creative writing be that difficult. Well let me fill you in. We had to take the name of someone we love and pretend that the letters in their name were the only letters in the alphabet. We then had to make up as many words from that name as we could, mind you we were able to use the letters how ever many times we wanted for each word. Then we had to write a story about 300 words using only the words that we made from the name. Try it. It didn't sound that hard when she explained. If you try it tell me how it went, leave a comment. I will enjoy reading about your thoughts on it.

This morning I tried to print it but the computer wasn't commuicating with the printer, so I had to send it to myself through an email. As I went to type my email address in, my Grandfather's email address popped up and memories of the emails that he would send me and the birthday cards came flooding into my mind. It made me smile. Things are getting better slowly and I think I am going to start reading his book again. I feel like it is the right time. He and I will never be able to talk about it, but that was the one thing he wanted me to do and I never did it, so even though it is too late, I am going to make an effort to read it.

2 comments:

  1. Love you Victoria. I am so very proud of you. I know grandpa was very proud of you also. He really liked reading your blog. Keep up the good work. Love you, Dad.

    ReplyDelete