Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Creative Writing

I am going to try to keep you updated on what my creative writing assignments are, just in case you would like to try them also. Today, my professor gave us three assignments, right now I am going to share one with you and try to remember to share the other ones later.

Today we talked about the Willard Asylum, which was closed years ago and is now a rehab facility I believe. A man by the name of Jon Crispin has been working on the Willard Asylum Suitcase Documentation. Our assignment is to choose a picture (from Willard Suitcase Exhibit Online or Jon Crispin's Notebook or any other picture we find) of either a person or a suitcase and study it. Imagine that a complete stranger asked this person what he/she wants most in life. Use the persons voice to explain what they want and why. Consider the person's vocabulary, speech patterns, tone of voice, personal attitude, present state of mind, what they would want to share and what they are withholding. (Exercise from Point of View and Tone)

Feel free to try it out and comment with either your thoughts or your story. If you just want them for me to see please specify and I won't put them up for public viewing. I hope you have as much enjoyment on this project as I have already had.

Edit: By the way Kickstarter is a nonprofit organization that helps artists to fund their projects. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment