Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Amazing Finds

Two weekends ago I went to a Powwow with Bill. While we were there I was looking around at all of the different vendors. I saw these two dolls and immediately I loved them, but I thought to myself I really shouldn't get them. I am running out of space to put my doll collection. But after walking around for a while I thought to myself I can't leave them here. So I bought these dolls. I am not sure how old they are or what they were used for but I do know that the newspaper that mad ethe body was from the Boston Harold on January 9, 1938.

Of course I thought after these dolls, I couldn't possibly find anything else soon that was really interesting. But once again I proved myself wrong. I was cleaning all of the dust of off my bureau and while I was cleaning it off I found a few things on the bottom shelf, where the drawers sit. I pulled out a staple and some wood shaving and S&H stamps. There were six of them worth 10 points each. I called my grandmother to ask her about them because this bureau used to be hers. She seemed surprised that they had lasted this long. They were from the 60s. I am hoping to be able to show her these sometime soon.

And of course I will try to post pictures of these two things on a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment