Tuesday, October 25, 2011

AHH...What a Change

This weekend I switched rooms with the boys. I used to share a room at home with one of my sisters but things happened and she decided that she doesn't want to live at home anymore. But seeing as I live with my Aunt during the semester because it is closer to school, I am not home during the week. So this weekend I changed from a garage sided bedroom to the smallest room in the house.

Before the boys could move their stuff into my room, I took everything out of my room and vaccumed and washed the carpets. All of my stuff was in the living room, my old room (my bureau) and in the family room. I decided that I wanted to paint my new room a different color seeing as it matched the rest of the house. I was going to paint it the lavendar that my sister and I were going to paint our room, but when I was looking at the paint my parents bought years ago, I realized that this paint was for exteriors. So we went to Wal-mart saturday night I took my time trying to find the color I wanted to paint my room. I was going to go for lavendar but then I started to look at different color greens. I really wanted the minty green a little lighter but the person at the desk wouldn't make it lighter so I went with sensuous pear. I love this color.

On Sunday, I painted my room and moved the big items into the room. The bed frame was in the room the whole time we were painting so I just had to move it to where I wanted it. I brought up my mattress and the futon mattress and pillows. I waited for one of the boys to help me bring up the frame for the futon and the boys brought up my bureau after I brought up the drawers. In order for the bureau to come upstairs we had to take the mirror off because one side didn't stay one. Dad put a little bit of wood glue on it and hopefully nest weekend I can move it to where I want it to be.

I will post pictures next week after I finish moving in.

No comments:

Post a Comment