Thursday, October 7, 2010

Did I make the right choice?

When I put in my application for Southern (and all the other colleges I applied to), I put my major down as Communication Disorders. I ultimately want to become a speech and language pathologist. I am on a five year plan for my Bachelors Degree and I still have to get my Masters Degree. I will be in school for a few years.

I choose this field because of my brother Phil.
This is a picture of my brother and myself from a few years ago.

When my brother was born he couldn't hear very well. When he was young, he had to have tubes put in his ears to drain the fluids. He went to school at an early age to get help with his speech amongst other things. As he got older, I thought it was amazing how his speech got better.

One day I was looking for different majors that I could go into and this one fell in my lap and I knew that this is something that I wanted to do. I want to work this elementary students in an elementary school. That is my ultimate goal. I don't like hospitals very much, so that wouldn't be the place for me. It would either have to be in a private practice or in a school. I can't wait to get out and do this job, but at the same time I want to make the most of my experience at college.

No comments:

Post a Comment