Wednesday, August 3, 2011

New Adventures

This past weekend I have been house/animal sitting for Bill's Dad's Boss. The eight rabbits were easy to take care of as long as they weren't trying to get out of the cage. The dogs barked at just about everything (cars to thunder). One of the dogs didn't like it when there was another animal on the television screen. When there was one, he would run up to the television screen, jump on it and try to get the animal. After we found that out, we did our best to hold on to him. The cat and the dogs didn't get along well. The cat was probably the easiest animal to take care of. And then there was the horses. We had to make sure that they had water to drink. One day that we went down there, Bill and I decided to bring carrots down. One of the horses, we were told was aggressive, but when we were first down there, I didn't see how it was aggressive. This horse decided that because I didn't have any carrots left that he was going to bite me. He also doesn't let the other horses to drink water until he is done. Yesterday was our last day there. I came home last night so I can get another lesson today.

I have been learning how to drive. David has been teaching me. On the first day, I drove the tractor up and down the driveway and around the house. One of the gates only has an inch clearance. Out of the twenty or so times I went through it, I only hit it once. Then I went out on the road. I did alright, besides the fact that someone almost gave me a heartache. On another day, I drove to the 7 eleven in Moodus and parked for the first time. The car was between the lines and was straight. I did really good for the first time. Today I am supposed to go driving again, but I don't know when. David and I seem to make plans through Caroline, so when I asked what time, I didn't get an answer. Oh well for now. At least I'm not sitting home alone. Mom and two of my cousins are here.

When my two cousins walked through the door this morning, they came straight downstairs and didn't leave my mom's side. Tonka was in the family room. Chris really likes him after he warms up and Alyssa doesn't like him at all. So when Tonka got up to walk after mom she practically cried. I don't know if she is afraid of animals or just big ones.

1 comment: