Friday, June 17, 2011

Time Well Spent

Yesterday, I went to my Grandparent's house for the day. My Grandmother needed help getting in touch with my cousin from Hungary. I got on to AIM and talked to him for a few minutes there and then went on to Skype to be able to video chat with him. It is a lot easier then trying to read typed words on a screen.

I found out that there really isn't much planned for the trip. But, there are many ideas on what to do. My cousin, Attila decided that he is going to show us around. Some of the places that we are going to go see he hasn't been to. He is even nice enough to greet us when we get off of the plane and help finding the transportation that we are going to need to get around.

I am so excited to go and see the country. I have been waiting to go for awhile now and being able to go with my family makes this trip sound even better. I wasn't even sure if I was going to go in the future. I can't wait to see what memories we are all going to make together.

After we finished talking with Attila, I went online to try to find things that I thought would be interesting to do, but all I could find were things that we had already talked about so I gave up. After this some more talking about some of the minor aspects of the trip and then the best part happened...Dinner!

Grampa decided that he wanted to make a Hungarian dish for dinner and asked me if I would like to stay. I thought that this was a great time to stay and try something new. I enjoyed dinner. I don't have any idea on how to spell the name, but basically it was pork, sour cream, paprika, black pepper, bell pepper, and onions over egg noodles. During dinner there was some more chatter about the trip and how we all thought that the dish would be too hot for my mother. (But we love her anyways!)

No comments:

Post a Comment